System7 PLS 16 4.0
System7 Universal Tamping Machine S7 PLS 16 4.0 is a universal ridging machine suitable for any type of activity, able to perform high-quality ridging on the line and also on the switches.
The last-generation ridging aggregates S7 are the top feature of System 7 PLS 16 4.0, with vibrations emitted by a completely hydraulic system.
The aggregates vibrate only when penetrating the gravel, thus remarkably reducing their wear and tear, the sound emission level (-7dBA) and breathed dusts (-50%) compared to traditional ridging counters.
Moreover, since the tightening cylinders of the aggregates feature pressure and position sensors; in automatic ridging mode, the machine is able to reach the optimal compacting force of the gravel and, at this point, automatically deactivate the vibration of the compacting cylinder in order not to alter and slow down, while exiting, the reached compacting status. Optimal compacting improves the track’s stability and reduces wear and tear or crushing of the gravel with consequent greater sealing performances of the same screed.
Accurate and constant monitoring
The machine features an inert measuring system that, inspired to the positioning system used in aviation, makes it possible to perform extremely accurate measurements of the tracks’ geometry, also at high speeds, as independent from the vibrations caused by ridging.
The data collection by the sensors installed on the ridging aggregates allows elaborating a constant monitoring map of the infrastructure. The data, loaded on a web platform, makes it possible to display a complete geolocalized map of the images of the sound emission level and relative ridging data.
System7 Universal Tamping Machine S7 PLS 16 4.0 renders the work simpler and safer for operations as the system performs the various ridging processes automatically. The system tolerates errors and is able to self-check itself on a regular basis.
The system guarantees safe manoeuvres and services, it monitors and constantly analyses the condition, integrity and position of its components.
The technology featured by the ridging machine satisfies the characteristics of Industry 4.0, bringing the maintenance of railway infrastructure to the next level.
• Completely hydraulic ridging unit
• 3rd lifting point integrated in the lifting unit
• Inert and optical measuring system
• Innovative analysis and control system able to:
• create a report on the state of the infrastructure;
• adjust ridging, vibrations and tightening automatically, based on the conditions of the gravel and line;
• assist in the ridging of the switches and line;
• monitor the state and integrity of the machine.
• Innovative design
• Applicable to any type of work
• Reduction of maintenance costs of the tracks
• Reduction of maintenance costs and times of the machine
• Less stress and lower probability to make mistakes for the operator