The Neurail System: predictive diagnostic Analysis
NeuRAIL is the Framework for predictive rail diagnostics designed and developed by GCF's R&D Division to address the current needs to continuously and remotely monitor rail assets.
Established in 2018, it was conceived based on the most up-to-date computer and remote-control techniques.
NeuRAIL is an "operating system" allowing specific applications to be installed based on diagnostic modules made with "custom" sensors.
A single installation of NeuRAIL allows the hosting and deployment of one or several applications, even at different times, responding quickly to meet customer needs.
NEURAIL: competitive advantages AND FEATURES
NEURAIL is a highly innovative product with unquestionable operational and functional advantages.
The System is:
FLEXIBLE: it can be installed in cloud or on dedicated systems.
INHERENTLY REDOUNDED: a natively distributed system based on microservices.
SCALABLE: horizontally, based on BigData techniques, integrates naturally with Machine-Learning and Deep-Learning type analysis.
SECURE: encrypted data transport using TLS v1.3 technologies ensures the highest integrity and confidentiality standards.
CONFIGURABLE: being a framework, it has no specific user or machine interfaces but offers tools to create custom versions thereof.
LONG-LASTING and EXTENSIBLA: through the constant development of new applications.
Features under DEVELOPMENT
- Interface for maintenance workers with geolocation capabilities (GPS, Glonass. Galileo) and RFID functions
- Alarms management system integrated with RFI maintenance processes
- SAP integration
NeuRAIL, a modular system
NeuRail is a modular system that can be structured with several Diagnostic modules, which, together with the respective applications, can be added, removed, extended, or lightened according to maintenance needs without requiring any changes to infrastructure. By reconfiguring the system, any sensor with abnormal behavior can be excluded without needing field intervention.
System hardware structure
- Acquisition nodes connected to sensors via fiber optic backbone
- Sensors connected to the backbone via plug-and-play connectivity systems
- Acquisition nodes connected to the processing node via 3G/4G/5G communication systems or fiber optics
The neurail diagnostic Module sensors are:
- Passive, fiber-optic, and without power
- Inert to interference from signalling and traction current
- Magnetic and/or built-in, easy to remove
- “Invisible” to superstructure and Overhead Line maintenance work
- Reliable: measurement accuracy is not subject to degradation over time
- Immune: deployable in any environment, including unfavorable settings (mud in tunnels, ice, dust, ...)
Neurail: diagnostic applications
"Agile" version of optical isulated-Joint monitoring
Emergency monitoring for doubtful joints
Optical Long-Welded-Rail Monitoring
Constant track-behavior monitoring.
optical Rail-Temperature monitoring
Remote detection of seasonal thermal cycles
optical Overhead-Line Monitoring
Monitoring the mechanical parameters of the E.T. line